Posted: April 15, 2023
When making the decision to undergo any kind of surgery, there are a lot of questions to ask and a lot of things to think about. And of course, this applies to breast augmentation as well. Among the questions you have, you may be wondering if you are a good candidate for this procedure.
What Is Breast Augmentation?
In a breast augmentation procedure, silicone or saline breast implants are inserted (your doctor will go over the pros and cons of each type and will help you to decide which type of implant is right for you). Dr. Bogue inserts the implants using incisions and sutures that are placed strategically so that you get the look you desire. This is an outpatient procedure.
Am I a Good Candidate for This Procedure?
During your first consultation, you and your doctor will discuss what the surgery entails and any questions you may have. You’ll discuss your medical history and how any health problems you have might affect your procedure. Most women can qualify for breast implants, but you and your doctor will decide for sure. You are a good candidate if you:
- Are unsatisfied with the size or shape of your breasts
- Are unhappy with how clothing fits you
- Feel like you have lost breast volume because of pregnancy and/or aging
- Have realistic expectations about what cosmetic surgery can accomplish
- Are generally healthy, with no active infections, untreated cancer, or serious illness
- Don’t smoke (smoking can interfere with the healing process)
- Don’t often drink excessive amounts of alcohol
- Are willing to follow postop instructions to ensure a successful and quick recovery
- Are at least 18 (for saline implants) or 22 (for silicone implants)
- Have fully developed breasts
- Are considering breast augmentation because it is what you want and not for anyone else
- Are not pregnant or breastfeeding
Do you think breast augmentation might be right for you? You probably have a lot of questions, and Dr. Bogue and his staff are happy to answer them! Contact the office of David Bogue Plastic Surgery in Boca Raton, Florida, for a breast augmentation consultation. Call 561-886-1000 today!