Once you’ve made the decision to have breast augmentation surgery you’ve already taken a big step in the direction of improving yourself. When you choose to have this procedure you do so to enhance your appearance, to improve your confidence, or both. No matter what the reason is it’s important to have a complete understanding of the procedure before you commit so that you know what to expect and have realistic expectations.
Before having any type of plastic surgery it’s always a good idea to take the time to research and gather information so that you understand what the procedure entails. We also recommend coming up with a list of questions to ask any plastic surgeon you meet with to get an idea of who they are and how they handle themselves professionally.
During your consultation with our board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. David Bogue, he’ll go over all of the details of the procedure with you and encourages his patients to ask as many questions as possible. To ensure you’re working with the best plastic surgeon in Boca Raton, ask these questions:
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- What is your specific training in plastic surgery?
- How long did you train in plastic surgery?
- Where do you perform your procedures and if in a hospital which one?
- Do you have an in-office surgical facility and is it accredited?
- What are the criteria for a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery?
- What should I do beforehand to ensure the best possible results?
- What size and shape would fit my body best?
- What incision and placement site will leave the least amount of scarring?
- How long is the recovery period?
- Are there any risks or complications I should be aware of?
- How do you handle any complications during or after the procedure?
- Will I need to have follow-up surgeries in the future?
- Will my breast augmentation affect my ability to breastfeed in the future?
- What if I’m dissatisfied with the results?
There are examples of some of the questions you should ask any plastic surgeon you meet with regarding your breast enhancement procedure. At our office, Dr. Bogue is happy to go over all questions and concerns with you to ensure that you’re aware of everything the procedure involves and what you can expect to do before and after to help aid in the best possible results.
If you’d like to learn more about Dr. Bogue, our office, or this procedure, please contact us by filling out the form on this page or by calling us at 561-886-1002 to schedule your complimentary consultation today. We proudly provide services to those who live in and near Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, and West Palm Beach, Florida.