Posted: November 29, 2018
The aging process can come on quickly, with wrinkles appearing nearly overnight. Men and women who have worked tirelessly to maintain a youthful, healthy facial appearance often struggle with these changes. The dryer climate in Florida during the winter months can exacerbate some of these signs of aging, but proper care and certain facial rejuvenation procedures and treatments can effectively reduce and eliminate some of the problem areas of your face. That may include fine lines, wrinkles, puffiness, or sagging. Our board-certified plastic surgeon in Boca Raton offers a variety of surgical and non-surgical options to help you look your best this winter.
Plastic Surgeries for Facial Rejuvenation
Frown lines, hollow cheeks, and under eye bags are just three of many aesthetic concerns that can appear on the face. Fortunately, there are several ways to address these cosmetic issues, including:
- Eyelid Surgery: A blepharoplasty can solve several problems with your eyelids, some of which can obstruct your vision such as severely drooping upper eyelids. Eyelid surgery can remove excess skin tissue, tighten the underlying layers, and remove fat cells. This face procedure can also address puffiness, under eye bags, and a tired appearance.
- Neck Lift: As you age, your skin loses elasticity, which often shows in your neck. “Turkey neck” is a common phrase and usually comes with neck banding and excess fat. A neck lift can successfully eliminate this problem, making you appearing years younger for a decade or longer.
- Facelift: Plastic surgery has come a long way in the last 20 years, and facelifts no longer focus solely on tightening the skin. Men and women typically lose jawline definition, develop hollow or sagging cheeks, and lines and wrinkles around the mouth and nose. A facelift can address all of these issues and can be combined with a neck lift or eyelid surgery to provide further benefits.
Non-Invasive Treatments for Facial Rejuvenation
There are a variety of non-surgical options for facial rejuvenation that can address some of the issues discussed above, particularly if you’re mainly concerned about lines and wrinkles or cheek hollowing. Some of the cosmetic treatments our Boca Raton plastic surgeon offers include:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: This well-known injectable provides a variety of benefits that range from cosmetic to medical. BOTOX® Cosmetic addresses fine lines and wrinkles caused by repeated facial expressions by relaxing the muscles. Crow’s feet (found on the outer edges of your eyes), forehead lines, and brow lines (glabellar lines) are a few of the common problems for which this injectable is used. BOTOX® Cosmetic results last four to six months.
- Injectable Fillers: Fillers do just that. They fill in areas of your face that have developed moderate to severe lines and wrinkles or experienced drooping and sagging due to age. Our plastic surgery office offers the Juvéderm family of products along with Restylane and Fat Transfer. Fat transfer for facial rejuvenation works by removing fat from another area and introducing it into another. This method is permanent and is often used during breast augmentation or reconstruction.
- REVEAL Skin Care: The REVEAL products are designed to offer a variety of benefits. Some products rejuvenate your face and provide anti-aging properties while others focus on moisturizing and correcting common skin problems. Dr. Bogue offers REVEAL exclusively because he believes in the high-quality results the line delivers.
Schedule Your Facial Rejuvenation Consultation in Boca Raton
If you’re interested in facial rejuvenation, the winter months are a great time of the year to do so. Schedule your consultation with our board-certified plastic surgeon in Boca Raton today at (561) 886-1002. Dr. Bogue and our skilled staff serve patients in surrounding areas of Florida including West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and Delray Beach.