October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. You’ve likely already seen a lot of pink ribbons. You may even be wearing one yourself. If you want to take part in the fight against breast cancer this month, consider taking action by:
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. Many organizations will sponsor charity walks and other events to bring the community together and raise money for life-saving education and research.
- Donating your time or money. Whether you have time or cash to spare, you can help fund research efforts and provide cancer screenings for women who may not otherwise have access to early detection.
- Scheduling your mammogram. Schedule your own exam and encourage the other women in your life to schedule their mammograms. Early detection is critical in the fight against cancer.
- Sharing your story. As a survivor or a woman who is still fighting against cancer, you can inspire others with your courageous story. Find a community organization, church group, or online group to connect with other women.
- Knowing your options. Knowledge is power in the fight against cancer and the healing process. Learn about your options for breast reconstruction and recovery.
To learn more about breast reconstruction options, schedule your complimentary consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. David Bogue at (561) 886-1002 today. Dr. Bogue welcomes patients from Boca Raton, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale or any of the surrounding areas in Florida.