Breast augmentation with breast implants has given many women the size and shape they desire, but sometimes the results don’t line up with your aesthetic goals for your body. Breast implant revision is an option for women who are unsatisfied with their results or have experienced a complication that’s left them in pain or with visible breast changes. Our board-certified plastic surgeon in Boca Raton has helped many women achieve the symmetry, size, shape, and feel they want through breast implant revision, or breast augmentation revision.
Some of the common occurrences that warrant breast revision surgery include:
- Bottomed-Out Breast Implants: Sometimes, the positioning of the saline or silicone breast implants causes them to sit too low, or the weight of breast implants can stretch the “lower pole” (underside) of the breasts. Alternately, breast implants can sit too high on the upper pole of the breasts, making them appear unnatural.
- Capsular Contracture: Once your breast implants are in place and healing, scar tissue forms around the actual implants. This scarring can cause “contracture” (tightening) which can make the breasts feel firm and unnatural and may even cause pain and visible breast changes. Implant deflation is another reason why women look to our breast implant revision specialist to provide an even look and feel.
- Replace Breast Implant Type: Some women wish to switch from saline implants to silicone or vice versa. Each type of breast implant offers unique benefits such as a more natural look and feel with silicone implants or the option for flexible sizing with saline implants.
- Correcting Asymmetry or Uneven Breast Implants: Breast augmentation surgery is often used to correct genetic asymmetry, but the procedure itself may leave you with uneven breasts. Breast augmentation revision surgery improves and corrects any deformities caused by previous breast augmentation procedures or long-term changes years after the initial breast implant surgery.
- Addressing Breast Pain: Breast pain is common during breast augmentation recovery, but when this moderate to severe pain persists far beyond the healing period, breast implant revision may be necessary to alleviate the discomfort.
- Dissatisfied with Breast Augmentation Results: Breast implants are measured in cubic centimeters (cc’s) and not according to breast size. Breast cup sizes change by brand and are typically not an accurate measurement themselves. It’s difficult for patients to know how big their breasts will be in terms of cc’s, and some women may wish to have revision surgery to reach their desired size.
Contact Our Breast Implant Revision Specialist in Boca Raton
If you’re not happy with your breast augmentation results or have experienced complications that altered your breast size and shape, contact Dr. Bogue in Boca Raton today at (561) 886-1002 to schedule your initial breast implant revision consultation. Our plastic surgeon serves patients in surrounding areas of West Palm Beach, Florida including Delray Beach and Fort Lauderdale.