For many women, having overly-large breasts takes a significant toll on their self-image and emotional well-being. Large breasts can also be a physical burden, causing back, shoulder, and neck pain. Although every woman has her own reasons for seeking breast reduction surgery, the benefits of having smaller, lighter breasts are almost universal among patients.
Is breast reduction worth it? As one of the highest-rated plastic surgery procedures in terms of patient satisfaction, the overwhelming answer from women who’ve undergone the procedure is yes.
What Are The Benefits of Breast Reduction?
There are a number of potential benefits of breast reduction surgery, including:
- More proportional figure: Breast reduction can provide balance and proportion to your entire body shape. The final size of your breasts will be in better proportion with your hips, waist, and the rest of your frame.
- A more youthful profile: Since sagging, larger breasts are frequently seen as signs of aging, overly-large breasts are often associated with an older appearance. By reducing the size and shape of the breasts, you can achieve a more youthful-looking profile.
- Reduced back pain: Chronic back pain is a common complaint of women with overly-large breasts. Breast reduction surgery can reduce the strain on your back, and mitigate discomfort.
- Reduced neck pain: Just as excessively-large breasts can put strain on your back, they can also put significant strain on your neck. When breasts are too large, they can pull on your neck muscles, causing discomfort. Relief from chronic neck pain is frequently reported by women who have undergone breast reduction surgery.
- Increased physical activities: Very large breasts can get in the way of a number of physical activities, including certain exercises and recreational sports. Not only can smaller breasts open the possibilities for new activities, it can directly improve your health, happiness, and overall wellbeing as a result.
- Increased self-confidence: Following almost any plastic surgery procedure, many patients express an increased sense of confidence and self-esteem. Breast reduction is no different.
Your Breast Reduction Procedure
Breast reduction surgery is popular in large part due to its ability to dramatically improve a patient’s life. During your initial consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. David Bogue, he will discuss your concerns and goals, and recommend the procedure or combination of procedures that can best achieve your desired outcome. He will review your medical history, evaluate your physical condition, and determine your candidacy for a breast reduction.
Contact Our Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon
To learn more about breast reduction, contact our office today online or at 561-886-1000 to schedule a free consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. David Bogue. We welcome patients from the Boca Raton, Delray Beach, and Fort Lauderdale areas of Florida.