Posted: December 16, 2021
Liposuction is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures in the United States. This procedure makes it possible to sculpt and define your frame, which may be impossible to do completely with exercise and diet alone. Here are 5 things we think you should know about the procedure.
- It’s not just for your belly! Many people associate liposuction with excess belly fat, which is certainly something that it can be used for, but there are many areas that can be treated, such as the:
- Upper arms
If you have an area of excess fat somewhere on your body, then you are probably a good candidate for liposuction. Dr. Bogue can determine if the procedure will work for the specific body area.
- The scars are minimal. Only the smallest circular incisions are used for liposuction. The cannula is inserted through the circular incisions in order to remove the excess fat. Everyone’s skin heals and scars differently, but most people find that the scars become lighter and flatter, and are very difficult to notice about one year after surgery.
- The recovery is relatively fast. The exact timeline will depend on the area treated, how many areas were treated, and your unique healing response. Generally speaking, most people are back to work within one week and back to their normal exercise routine within two to four weeks.
- It can be tailored to your goals. Dr. Bogue can tailor liposuction results to the masculine or feminine forms, as well as to the unique look you want to see. He can sculpt certain areas to reveal the body shape you want, as well as fine-tune muscular areas for a chiseled effect.
- The results are long-lasting. The fat cells that are removed are gone for good. It is of course still possible to gain new weight, which could show up elsewhere on the body or in the treatment area. You can preserve your results by maintaining a stable body weight, which should lead to results that are very long-lasting!
Are You a Liposuction Candidate?
If you are interested in liposuction to remove stubborn, excess fat from one or more specific areas on your body, please call the Boca Raton plastic surgery practice of Dr. David Bogue at 561-886-1000. Dr. Bogue will help you decide if there is a body contouring procedure that’s right for your goals and expectations.