The way you feel about your breasts can have a dramatic impact on your overall self-esteem and body image. Breast augmentation surgery can enhance breast fullness, improve breast shape, and will increase cup size to your desired volume.
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. David Bogue has extensive experience helping women achieve their desired figure through breast augmentation surgery. He will work with you to determine the best options to help you look and feel your best.
- What are the Benefits of Breast Augmentation?
- What are the Different Types of Breast Implants?
- How Much Does Breast Augmentation Surgery Cost?
- Who is a Good Candidate for Breast Augmentation?
- Contact Our Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Today
If you'd like to learn more about breast augmentation surgery and if it's the right procedure for you, please give us call us today to schedule a complimentary breast augmentation consultation at 561-886-1002. We proudly provide services to those who live in and near Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, and West Palm Beach, South Florida.
"Dear Dr. Bogue, I want to thank you for changing my life. You are a compassionate person and an amazing surgeon. Forever grateful, Jessica"
What are the Benefits of Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation continues to be one of the most requested cosmetic operations in the United States. Satisfaction rates are extremely high, around 98 percent, and it's easy to see why. Breast augmentation is a safe, predictable procedure with a short recovery time and immediate results.
In general, breast enlargement surgery has the following benefits for women:
- Fuller, larger breasts
- Overall improved breast shape
- Improved breast symmetry
- Better fitting clothes and swimsuits
- Replacement of lost volume following pregnancy and aging
Today, women have more breast implant options than ever before and it takes an experienced plastic surgeon to help you choose which implants are right for you. Dr. Bogue has the experience and the skill to give you the breast size and shape that you want. Whether your goals are a dramatic, round look or a more subtle natural appearance, Dr. Bogue has the passion to provide the look that will make you feel great about your body.
What are the Different Types of Breast Implants?
Silicone Breast Implants
Silicone breast implants have an outer shell that is filled with silicone gel. This gel is designed to mimic the feel of natural fat and tissue. Many of our patients say that silicone breast implants provide the most natural look and feel. These breast implants are also not prone to rippling, wrinkling or folding like saline breast implants.
Silicone breast implants are FDA-approved for breast augmentation of women age 22 and older. They are FDA-approved for breast reconstruction for women of all ages.
Unlike saline implants, when a silicone implant ruptures, the rupture may not be immediately apparent to you. Some of the silicone gel may escape from the implant shell, but probably not enough to change the appearance of your breast and tip you off to the rupture. For this reason, you may need to have regular MRIs or ultrasounds to ensure neither of your implants rupture while you have them.
Saline Breast Implants
Saline breast implants are composed of sterile salt water encased in an outer silicone shell. Saline implants are the least expensive implant option and are FDA-approved for breast augmentation for women age 18 and older, and for breast reconstruction for women of all ages.
Saline breast implants can be a great option for many women. Although they run the risk of visible rippling and wrinkling beneath the breasts, an advantage of saline implants are the high visibility of any rupture that occurs. If the implant should rupture, it will deflate as the saline leaks out harmlessly into your body. You'll be able to see that your implant has ruptured and address the issue right away.
Form-Stable (Gummy Bear) Breast Implants
Gummy Bear implants are the newest generation of silicone gel breast implants. These implants are form-stable, which means the gel inside is very good at maintaining its shape. Gummy bear implants still have the potential to rupture, but in the event of rupture, your implant won't deflate or leak.
Like fourth-generation silicone implants, these fifth generation form-stable implants result in enhanced breasts with an optimally natural look and feel. Gummy bear implants have an anatomical shape that mimics the natural, tapered appearance of a breast. Rotation of a gummy bear implant could lead to an undesirable breast appearance, which is why you need an extensively experienced breast surgeon like Dr. Bogue to place your gummy bear implants.
Dr. Bogue will discuss all aspects of breast implants during your consultation. Breast implants have certain characteristics, such as:
- Round vs. anatomic shape: Round breast implants can provide a beautiful aesthetic result. Although round, they take on the natural shape of the breast whether you are upright or lying down. Anatomic breast implants have a teardrop shape that mimics the natural appearance of a breast, which is fuller at the bottom and tapered toward the top portion.
- Smooth vs. textured surface: A smooth surface has a soft, natural feel. Textured breast implants are designed to decrease the risk of rotation within the breast.
How Much Does Breast Augmentation Surgery Cost?
The cost of breast augmentation is based upon the type of implant chosen. The cost for each Mentor implant type is listed below which includes the surgical fees, hospital fees, anesthesia fees, implants, two postoperative bras, and all follow-up visits:
- $4300 for MENTOR® Saline Implant breast augmentation.
- $4900 for MENTOR® MemoryGel® Silicone Implants breast augmentation.
- $5400 for MENTOR® MemoryShape® Silicone Implant breast augmentation.
We accept various methods of payment. If you wish to finance through CareCredit, our staff with guide you through the application process.
Mentor® Extended Warranty
Mentor is one of the leading manufacturers of today's most advanced breast implants. Dr. Bogue is pleased to offer Mentor's Extended Warranty to women who qualify*. The Mentor Extended warranty is up to a $300 value. This warranty includes the following:
- Automatic enrollment in the Product Replacement Policy
- Financial assistance for rupture – up to $3,500
- Additional product replacement policy covering capsular contracture Baker Grade III & IV, double capsule and late-forming seroma – for 10 years
- Financial assistance for capsular contracture Baker Grade III/IV – up to $3,500
- Financial assistance for double capsule – up to $3,500
- Financial assistance for late-forming seroma – up to $3,500
- Contralateral (opposite side) complementary implant replacement upon surgeon request
*Primary (first-time) breast augmentations with or without a breast lift qualify for the Extended Warranty for MemoryGel® Breast Implants. Both primary (first-time) and revision breast augmentations +/- breast lift for MemoryShape® Breast Implants.
Who is a Good Candidate for Breast Augmentation?
The only way to know for sure if you are a good breast enhancement candidate is to visit Dr. Bogue for a one-on-one consultation. Dr. Bogue's goal is to provide his patients with beautiful results and will discuss your aesthetic wishes so he can help you achieve them. He'll make sure you know all about implant sizes, incision locations, implant placement and other options affecting the final results.
Dr. Bogue will determine whether a breast enhancement procedure is right for you, by reviewing such issues as:
- You have reached an age in which your breasts are fully developed
- You have realistic expectations about what breast enlargement can and cannot do
- You are prepared to commit to a surgical procedure and the post-op recovery
- You are healthy enough to undergo a breast enlargement procedure
Dr. Bogue wants to make sure that breast augmentation is the perfect fit for your expectations. Find out why our previous patients refer over and over again to our office for breast enhancement procedures.
Mentor Volume Sizing System: The Mentor Volume Sizing System allows you to visualize what various breast sizes will look like on your frame. You place the sample implants beneath your clothes. Of course, you can also view Dr. Bogue's before-and-after pictures to see what various breast implant sizes look like.
Some women decide to combine their augmentation with a breast lift. This combined approach not only increases breast volume, it also lifts breast tissue that has sagged and nipples that are drooping or pointing downward. Some women notice these changes after pregnancy or as a natural result of aging.
Take the Next Step with our Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon Today!
To find out if you are a good candidate for breast enlargement, please contact our plastic surgery practice at 561-886-1002 to schedule a complimentary consultation (a $75 no-show fee will apply if notice of cancelation is not made at least 24 hours in advance). Dr. Bogue is a board-certified plastic surgeon serving Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, and all of the surrounding areas.