If you are considering injectable fillers for the first time, 2022 is a great time to finally do it! These simple, straightforward injections address a wide range of cosmetic concerns, mainly on your face. They are great for people of all genders and diverse ages.
A one-on-one consultation with Dr. David Bogue is the best way to get answers to your questions. Some of the most common include:
What do they do?
The exact outcome depends on the type of dermal filler. In general, these injectables are good for:
- Fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth, nose, forehead, and cheeks
- Hollow and sunken cheeks
- Lips lacking volume and shape
- Hollows under the eyes
Dermal fillers are mainly used in areas of the face that can benefit from replacing lost volume beneath the skin.
Who are they for?
Because injectable fillers are non-surgical, most people are good candidates for them. You are probably a good candidate for these treatments if you are:
- Looking to correct a problem that fillers can address (i.e. the treatment aligns with your goals)
- In good overall health
- Ready to learn about and consent to the mild side effects and risks that are possible
- Not allergic to any of the ingredients
Fortunately, you don’t have to try to figure out if you are a good candidate on your own. Dr. Bogue is here to determine that for you.
What is the process like?
The process is easy, convenient, and straightforward:
- Complete your consultation
- Schedule your appointment (in some cases, injections can be provided in the same appointment as the consultation)
- Follow the limited aftercare instructions
- Enjoy your results!
It’s normal to be nervous if you’ve never received these injections before. Most people tolerate the mild prick of the needle quite well, similar to getting a vaccine or a shot. You may feel a pinch, but lasting discomfort is uncommon.
What is the downtime?
There is little to no downtime after receiving your fillers. You can get back to work or other activities right away if you wish. The area may be a little red and swollen. Bruising may develop shortly after and persist for several days. You should take it easy for a day or two but you can get back to strenuous exercise after a few days.
How long do they last?
It depends on the exact filler and the treatment area. But most dermal fillers last between 4 to 12 months.
Your Injectable Appointment
To arrange a consultation and dermal filler appointment with Dr. David Bogue in Boca Raton, please call our experienced team at 561-886-1000.